Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 5: Here we go!

Hello readers!

We've had two busy transition weekends in a row, and yesterday afternoon we welcomed a brand new group of campers to our summer haven! I'd like to extend a big "Hello!" to all those who have joined us (both campers and families or friends reading at home!) for Endless Mountains Dance Camp II, Farm Arts III, and Rock Farm III. It's so nice to have new campers coming in almost every week -- as a staff person, it keeps me on my toes and motivated about the projects on which I'm working, and also provides the fun experience of meeting more and more campers as the summer progresses. I'm already predicting that I'm going to have a great last two weeks of camp because for the rest of the summer, I'm going to be living in Girls 1, the youngest cabin. A brand new perspective on camp!

It has cooled down a bit more during the days here -- we are no longer in the middle of our heat wave. Today we had some rain to cool us off, and tonight we are looking forward to a bonfire -- albeit inside because of our rainy afternoon. This week we have a full schedule of events and shows coming up, including a Camper Cabaret, a Jam Night, and an evening of One Act place (one of which I'm directing! Ah!). I will be doing my best to keep everyone updated with news on the busy week ahead of us!

Stay dry and more soon,
Elizabeth C., Ballibay Blogger

No comments: