Friday, July 29, 2011

One of the busiest weeks ever!

Laurene C. at the sand art jam, Wednesday night

Hello readers!

Here I am with a special update about how our week has been going here.  I'm sure you've heard it from me here over and over again, and probably from your campers too, but wow are we busy this week! 

The week kicked into high gear on Wednesday with Jam Night.  I had the amazing opportunity to work with eight campers at the music jam, where Aaron K. and I led the group in learning a fugue, in the style of a chant.  What at first seemed a little daunting turned out to be so much fun, and the campers (who, I'll admit were a little wary at first..."Chanting?  That sounds boring.") really got into it!  The reports from my G1-ers indicate that all of the jam sessions were just as much fun, with a special nod to the food jam, where campers made raspberry bars. Yum!

Last night, we enjoyed variety of performances at this session's Camper Cabaret, including vocal solos, dance collaborations, and some acoustic performances. I've mentioned this before, but it's worth noting again: Cabarets are always one of my favorite events at camp because I love seeing the hidden talents of campers that I work with every day.  If I usually see them rehearsing for Antigone, I have no idea that they love to sing and play the guitar!

Tonight, John J. and I will be sharing the stage of the Outdoor Platform (as long as the rain holds off! Send dry vibes our way!) for A Night of One Acts.  I am so excited about the debut of my one act this evening.  My cast -- an amazing group of six girls -- has worked so hard, and has dedicated so much effort to the comedic timing and accuracy of the show.  I will bring the full update of how both shows go tomorrow morning when I'm back in the office to blog again.

More soon!

Elizabeth C., Ballibay Blogger

No comments: