Monday, August 1, 2011

Musical theater musings

Hello readers!

On Monday night we had our first musical theater performance of the second Ballibay session, and as someone who house managed the show and turned pages for the musical director, I'm proud to tell you that it was a smash hit! Last night's show kicked off the last-week performances and it started us off on the right note, for sure.

It was followed on Tuesday evening by a performance of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," an Andrew Lloyd Weber show that has become a classic at this camp. I had the pleasure of directing the 18-member all-female cast and I couldn't have picked a better show with which to end this summer. We had a truly beautiful production, as you can see by the picture I'm posting here, as well as the album on the Ballibay Facebook page, which I encourage you to check out!

Anna S. sings "Close Every Door" by candlelight in "Joseph"

Every time I work with a new cast of campers at Ballibay, I find myself saying things like, "This is the best cast I've worked with," and then the next time, "No, this is the best cast!" After completing "Joseph," I now realize that every cast I've worked with during my years at Ballibay, both as a camper and as a counselor, have been just right. Every child always brings the very most they have to offer to their performances -- the most enthusiasm, the most energy, and the most love and dedication that they have appears in every show we see at Ballibay. It's hard to imagine that the theater performances for this summer are coming to an end!

More soon,
Elizabeth C., Ballibay Blogger

2 comments:

raven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
raven said...

such a nice post I really enjoy browsing this blog. I suggest you can post some videos like christian dance music